Journal of the Korean Pediatric Society 1986;29(10):1130-1137.
Published online October 31, 1986.
A Study of Frequency of Malignant Tumors in Children.
Yang Dong Park, Eun Sook Choi, Hyun Gi Jung, Jae Sun Park
Department of Pediatrics, Kosin Medical College
소아 암환자의 빈도에 관한 고찰
박양동, 최은숙, 정현기, 박재선
고신의대 소아과학교실
Abstract
315 cases of malignant tumors under 15 years of age who were admitted to the Gospel Hospital from January 1975 to December 1984 were analysed and following results were obtained. 1) The incidence of malignances in all admitted child patient was 3.39%. 2) Childhood malignant tumors were more frequently occured in the age group of 0〜5 years. The more prevalent tumors for the first 5 years of age were leukemia, retinoblastoma, Wilms tumor, neuroblastoma and teratoma. 3)The male to female ratio of patients of childhood tumor was 1.75 : 1. 4) The most common childhood malignant tumor was leukemia (31.1%). The next common tumors in order of frequency were lymphoma (12.5%), retinoblastoma (9.8%), Wilms tumor (9.2%), brain tumor (6.9%), and neuroblastoma (6.5%). 5) Among total 98 cases of leukemia, 76 cases were ALL (78%), the other 22 cases (22%) were ANLL. 6)Comparing the relative frequency of each type of malignant lymphoma to that of U.S.A. Hodgkin’s disease was less frequent. 7) Retinoblastoma and hepatoma were relatively more prevalent comparing to the reported incidence of U.S.A.. 8) Osteosarcoma (53.8%) was the most prevalent bone tumor in childhood. 9) Among central nervous system tumor, glial series was the most common (50%).
Key Words: Childhood malignant tumors, Incidence.


METRICS Graph View
  • 660 View
  • 0 Download


Close layer
prev next